For the first time in the Netherlands: a traditional celebration of the Spring Vechornytsi Maslyana!
We invite you to celebrate the Springfest Maslyana Vechornyci in Amsterdam according to old Ukrainian traditions!
Maslyana (Pancake Day) was celebrated in Ukraine since the pagan times, when people were worshiping the sun. The holiday was traditionally celebrated during the spring equinox honoring the spring awakening of nature. It is the beginning of a new cycle of life and love, a season of finding a pair.
The Springfest Maslyana always falls on the last week before the spring fast and it is celebrated this year in Ukraine from March 7th to 13th.
The program of the Spring Vechornyci Maslyana on March 12th in Amsterdam:
– Dances and traditional games
– Funny dancing with “kolodkas”
– Team competition: who is the fastest in eating Ukrainian dumplings
– Burning of the straw guy “Kolodyla” (mini version)
– Traditional Maslyana menu (pancakes)
– Unique free workshop: Ukrainian style photo shoot by the professional photographer and art director Anna Psy ARTist. At the end we will choose the best photo together!
– Special guest from Berlin DJ UA Yuriy Gurzhy with his new project “Born in UA”
Want to know more about Ukrainian culture and have a good time? Visit Maslyana Vechornyci, invite your friends, it’s gonna be fun as always!
Tickets: Children: free of charge; adults: Online ticket – €10, at the door -€15.
Looking forward to see you at Vechornyci on March 12th in Amsterdam.